Monday, April 4, 2011

Adult Joke For Sending

THE RED BOOK (Paul Auster)


This book includes several short stories where the coincidence and chance (two standard in Auster's stories) are permanently present. All stories are real: most have happened to Paul Auster, and others to a friend. Book is very cortito but I recommend it, at least I like a lot.

Trivia: In "The City Of Glass", "The New York Trilogy" shows the character of a writer who writes in a red notebook, as the title of this novel. This book is after the trilogy, so I guess it is a nod to that character and that Auster is a tribute to himself. There are interesting stories (at least for me, being real situations that have lived Auster).

The prologue of this book also has several new case studies related to the accident and chance. It has for example what happened to Paul Auster when I was about 13 or 14, who was saved from being electrocuted by lightning one night he went to the forest with a group of children belonging to a camp.

~ ~ You can send your own review of this book ...

NOTE: If anyone is thinking that this book was mentioned before ... right. Is that I have decided, and the extent of my possibilities, try to reread the books of my first reviews (when only put a few sentences per book). Since I know buceƔis for them to spend it on your reviews I have given "verguencita" my first review, lol, and as this book is read in a while I've re-read. And ... Now that it is a review of mine:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment